Minutes of February 28, 2012 meeting.
Minutes Occupy Vancouver Logistics and Finance Meeting Feb 28, 2012
Present: Bob, Tosh, Eric, Denise, David
-Items from SC mtg feb 21 (W2 spending/ Art supplies budget)
-Cortes Solidarity Debrief
-Request for pop ups, banners and powersupply updates
-Upcoming Update (general)
Tosh: $82 (poster supplies)
Robin Pickel: $22.40 (House Paint)
Dan Stover: $8.95 (Hand Knife)
Kelsey Grimm: $5.32 (Paint Supplies)
Follow up: Tosh will determine whereabouts of these items.
About $5200 in account. We still have an outstanding damage claim of $1800 from portable toilet company.
ITEMS FROM PREVIOUS SC
$200 approved to be spent on art supplies for cortes action, ~$115 was spent. Tosh has agreed to follow up to determine where these items are being kept.
-have been using W2 on an informal basis for 2 and a half months.
-Various amounts have been proposed to be paid to W2 to continue using this space.
-People discussed paying some money at last SC. This was deemed reasonable.
-Proposal to pay $400 for the time we’ve spent here, $400 for continued use in March
Decision – Make proposal to spokes to offer a one time donation of $1200 in honour of our appreciation. It will be mentioned that we haven’t had enough ongoing attendance to make more/an ongoing contribution.
-Denise to research use of Carnegie centre space
-Eric to send a call out to VDLC list, “Friends of Occupy”, OV moderated FB and other progressive types to find anyone who has space to accommodate our stuff from Maple Leaf.
-We have shed building capabilities for anyone with outdoor space.
-Andrew needs to call Brooks to let him know that Mia gets back in one months time.
-Eric will make a copy of padlock key
-Andrew will contact Sean to determine his availability: Andrew, Eric, Dave and Bob are good M-F week of March 5th (day time hours) to look at richmond stuff
-Approval to rent a modo truck for richmond excursion if necessary.
CORTES ACTION DEBRIEF
-Go around: A better sound system would have helped, only a megaphone was available most of the time; would have been nice to livestream with other contemporaneous Cortes Actions; Peacekeepers could have done well to have worn High-Vis; Ran out of battery power for live feed; Organizing cmtes should have up to a six week time line for events if possible to create groundswell and make sure items are procured from the necessary ppl.
POWERSUPPLY, BANNER AND POP UP UP DATE
-Action re robo calls, likely a rally this Saturday the 3rd noon at the VAG Probably won`t need a pop up. We will need a Banner. Tosh has a banner, it needs sewing and some telescoping poles (Tosh has telescoping poles).
-We have 3 deep cycle batteries
-one 1000 watt inverter
-Dave is building a pedal powered generator
-Proposal to find somebody to talk to Allan to figure out how we deal with the sound eqmt. Bob will confer with Oliver to see if he can be involved in this process.
UPCOMING ACTIONS UPDATE
-March 1st EI event.