Dec 21 Minutes
Minutes of Finance Committee Meeting Dec 21 '12
Present: Bob A, Eric D., Tosh H., Andrew A., Ben, Natalie, Trevor and livestream
-Firming up the process for reimbursements.
- logistics, storage and inventory update
- get caught up on current payables
- Sean's request of logistics to sell two dome tents to him and few others who wish to set them up on private property on the Sunshine Coast to continue the experiment of dome living.
a. Discussed at length whether or not to reimburse Telquaa and Frank for the drummers , etc. on their Pow Wow day. They did not clear this expense in advance with the Finance Committee nor the GA, but there are mixed reports that they were told it was okayed. Therefore, to maintain good relations and taking into consideration "Indian time" and possibly related "Indian money" we agreed to reimburse them.
b. Bob will communicate to them that all future expenditures must be cleared in advance with the Spokes Council or GA and that until we have a new site, any and all reimbursements, including their $50/day travel expenditure, are suspended, If they choose to participate in Occupy Vancouver events or rallies, they must cover their own expenses until notified otherwise.
2. Logistics update - Eric has moved all of the outdoor storage stuff to an OV supporter's private backyard under one of the canopies. Unclaimed items will be disposed of as there has been plenty of announcements and warnings to claim personal property.
3. Reimbursements process discussed and we concluded:
a. All expenditures must be pre-approved by the Spokes Council or GA. We will continue to work toward establishing a benchmark for the Finance Committee's petty cash.
i. New expenditures must be approved by the Finance Committee unless they feel it's beyond their authority, then requests must be brought to the Spokes Council and then the GA respectively.
ii. It was suggested that a "Finance" Spokes Council meeting be established on a regular basis (ie. that the spokes council designate certain meetings or meeting times to deal with financial issues.)
iii. Requests for financing can be submitted to our new email address: email@example.com, or brought directly to the Spokes Council or GA.
iv. Natalie agreed to regularly check the email inbox and Trevor will be her backup.
W2 on Monday January 9th at 5pm.